Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Puppet Show Tunic

This is my favorite shirt so far. It was the most pain stacking to make but well worth all the pain. I tore the shirt apart 3/4 into it when I thought I misplaced the darts. No, the darts were NOT misplaced so I had to reconstruct and figure where I went wrong after that. I LOVE the back. The red buttons give your on-lookers a little treat as you walk away. Perfect with a pair of red shoes. Don't you think?

And the collar is perfect!! Can you imagine it with a vest? Oh I can't wait to finish one for Celia to match. I think I may have forgotten how much went into this one. I think the next one will be alot smoother.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I love the tunic! When you use your patterns, do you only make 1 size with each? Or do you use some other method to transfer the pattern to the fabric? I finally decided to try to make some clothes for my daughter and I bought the tea party dress pattern from O&S (after LOVING some that I saw on your blog). I just don't like the idea that I won't be able to continue to use the pattern as she grows. And now, after your last few posts, I think that I am going to need to purchase a few more patterns from O&S!